Tuesday, January 15, 2013

An Compare Essay_ BRAVE (movie)





<BRAVE_movie>

-Linda Elizabeth-


I watched a movie called, BRAVE. It was really impressive because
almost every movie that was made by Disney, ends like the prince and princess marry and have happy lives. But, it was not sort of that genre. First, let me introduce its stalk. Merida really liked riding a horse and shooting a bow. But her mom always advised her to be like princess. She wanted to change her mind. So she went to witch and got a cake. But when Elinor ate them, she became a bear! So because of that, she and Merida had to live in the forest. And after a lot of adventure, finally she becomes human and live happily . Eventhough you might think that Disney movie is too boring, we can have instruction like the proverb, Children have much to learn from.



 



First, I'm going to tell you about why Elinor and Merida had bad tension. In my opinion, just both of them didn't listen to each other and always argued because they didn't try to be considerate of each other. Mom wants Merida to be gorgeous just like princess and always tells her something to fix in her attitude. Perhaps mom thinks rule or tradition is important, but Merida wants to ride a horse and shoot a bow like a Brave woman soldier. I think, they both have a problem. Mom didn't listen to her about what she wants..Just like Jo-seon Dynasty's patriarchal system, she always tried to decide everything on her own eventhough it is related to Merida. And she pressured her to be a gorgeous princess, not knowing what she wants. Maybe at the end of the movie, when she returned to human again, she learned that LISTEN&LET HER GO IN HER WAY is really important in Merida's future. And also, Merida was also too obstinate in her opinion. Because of her selfishness in her mind, she tried to changed her mother but in wen the wrong way. When she wrote a letter sincerely not to changer her mind in to strange way, Elinor would have listened and accommodated her opinion! They should have listened to the other's opinion.





Eventhough I think that they both have problems, Elinor had a fixed idea that princess has to be graceful and mild. So she always talked, "Princess has to be mild", "Princess has to speak well.", " Prescess has to dress-up beautiful always." And, she didn't try to understand Merida, I think she has fixed idea- that was the rpobelm.
Also, she always decided Merida's work. If you see the movie, there is a scene that three of the men compete each other to be elected for husband to merida. And, that can change her whole life! It's very important to Merida, but she tried to decide it on her own . That is the reason why Merida says Elinor doesnt' listen to her!! These two parts were wrong, and if she changed it, perhaps she wouldn't chaned into a bear.




My mother sometimes acts like Elinor. I really wants to talk with her about the purpose of my life and my dream and my special ability that can help to devide my dream. But sometime she makes me fell annoying-she doens't believe me. When I sincerel talk about my mind in study, she sometimes doesn't listen to me. And this was the reason why I need a good advisor. I think this is very similar to Elinor and because of this point, I could understnad Merida's mind easily. Perhaps I should write a letter to her.

So, eventhough this movie was made by Disney, I could learn two things that is really impressive. First, Life has to be devided by myself- eventhough it is very small thing, and Second. Little fault that seems to be nothing cancause big problems that can affect everyone. It was really nice, and I hope you watch this movie. :-)





1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading the detailed essay. I've noticed that a lot of kids empathize with Merida, due to her conflicts with Elinor. Perhaps you can improve your relationship with your mom, just as Merida did! Good work overall.

    ReplyDelete