Tuesday, January 8, 2013

ODE TO MY LOVELY BED

< ODE TO MY LOVELY BED >


Dear my bed,


Hello, it's good to talk with you through this letter.
It's the first time I write this to you because I've never thought about writing a letter to you.
Eventhough I'm away from you , you are my metal supporter.
I'll send this if I have chance to do it.


First, I'll tell your appearance cause visitors won't know about your appearance.
(but you are the most valuable furniture to me.)
First you have a big, white body and you're design is antique style.
You have a big-flat head that has yellow-shiny paint on the outlines and crinkled pattern that has been used in the Renaissance period. And the most important thing in you is your body; it is flat and comfortable because of the mattress you have on your body.  So,, you're the most important and valuable furniture to me that can be heaven or hell and emeny or friend.


Let me tell you why you're heaven or friend. You were always my close friend that can make me get rid of stress. If I fight with my mother, you were always good at listening to me and embraced me just like my grandmother. When I'm too stressed about my study and feels like nothing if I  compare with Seoul's student, you make me feel brave so I can cheer up and study again. When I'm sick, you always had magical power that could heal me, and when I'm reading a book, you helped me to concentrate and imagine that I'm in the book.Thanks for all these things and I'll try to make you more gorgeous!




Then , Let me tell you why you're hell and my enemy.
First, you were too comfortable so I couldn't get off of you!; yes, I admit that it's my fault.
So,, sometimes I fall asleep without finishing my homework.
And you were too warm that makes me lazy! ; I know, it's my fault.
And if I study on you, you disturbes me saying "SLEEP"
;sorry, I know it's my fault. So you're like my enemy that disturbes me not to study.




Dear my bed, you're like heaven or hell and friend or enemy.
Sorry for 4th paragraph that I didn't admit my faults.
But , please say strictly "GO AWAY" when you're changing enemy-in my thought.
(Cause I don't want my mom to make you go away from my room)
Bye, my dear bed.


p.s. I'll buy some dolls for you to make you more gorgeous!

sincerely, your K. Linda Elizabeth.



3 comments:

  1. Gyeongmin (Linda),

    I can tell you miss your bed these days. You did a good job describing your bed. You also used some metaphors as well. try using more repetition and personifications to make the ode read more like a poem. Keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this essay is good. I also miss my bed very much..
    I want to be more familiar with you. Bye~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    It is obvious that you miss your bed a lot. You described your bed really well, but you have to try to use some metaphors and personifications. Keep up the good work~

    -Yongwook, Oh (Writing TA)

    ReplyDelete